Life Advice from Matthew McConaughey
This life advice makes so much sense, print it out and keep it in your pocket
is a developer, technical writer, and a (former) designer.
Life advice from Matthew McConaughey.
Five Important Life’s Lessons from Matthew McConaughey
Here’s the list:
- Life is not easy (Life is supposed to be tough, that’s what makes it rewarding, don’t fall into the entitlement trap)
- Nothing is unbelievable (all good and bad things people do should not surprise us, we’re very capable, on both ends of the spectrum)
- Happiness is difficult to sustain as it depends on positive results; joy, on the other hand, is what we feel in the process of getting to a result
- Define success for yourself; become clear about what success means for you other than financial success (family, relationship, help others, career, leave a legacy, etc.); once you know which categories define success for you, monitor and maintain them individually. For example, a list of priorities: fatherhood, being a good husband, health (mind, body, and spirit), career, friendships; measure these 5 things each day, check in with them - see whether or not you’re in the debit section or the credit section with these; “tend to your garden”. Define the success for yourself, we’ve both got 2 wolves inside, the good one and the bad one, and the best that I can tell we’ve just gotta feed the good one more than we do the bad one.
- Don’t leave things behind that might haunt you in the future (don’t burn bridges; at least fix it before you walk away from something); do the opposite: invest in the future (do something today that will help you in the future)