- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 12: Build a Shopify clone layout (11 Oct 2019)
See how to clone a Shopify homepage layout in Bootstrap 4. We'll go step by step, from setting up the project and building the navbar, to setting the breakpoint for the toggle button, adding a hero section, showcase section, support, merchants, testimonials sections, and the footer area. We'll discuss flexbox in Bootstrap 4 and conclude with the completed live layout.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 11: Build an AirBnB clone layout (09 Oct 2019)
See how to clone an AirBnB homepage layout in Bootstrap 4. We'll use the live AirBnB website to plan our layout, and then we'll build it, including forms, datepickers, cards, icons, testimonials, and star ratings. We'll also track our progress using Git so you can see each step of the development, and we'll commit our changes on GitHub so that it can easily be shared.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 10: Build a Bootstrap 4 layout and track it with Git (07 Oct 2019)
See how to build a Bootstrap 4 layout step-by-step with the help of GitHub so that you can track your progress. We'll use the Brackets editor and the Github Desktop app. We'll build a custom layout using the Carousel example layout as our starting point. We'll also add a scrollspy to our navbar so that it updates as visitors scroll down our page.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 9: Build another Bootstrap layout in Angular (06 Oct 2019)
This tutorial shows how to cherry-pick Bootstrap 4 components to quickly build a Boostrap 4 layout with Angular 8. We'll also use GitHub to keep track of updates to our project, and Stackblitz to develop our theme in an online IDE, so that we can share it easier.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 8: Modularize your Bootstrap layouts (05 Oct 2019)
In part 8 of Building Bootstrap layouts tutorial series, we'll learn how to modularize our Bootstrap layouts with the help of Angular. This post will also be a gentle introduction into the very basics of Angular 8. We'll use Stackblitz to help us build a minimal Angular app, and we'll add our Bootstrap 4 layout on top of it.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 7: Building a typography-focused layout (04 Oct 2019)
In this tutorial we'll build a complete Boostrap 4 layout based on the official Bootstrap 4 starter layout. We'll use some free fonts from the Google fonts website to build a typography-focused website layout. We'll also use the Brackets editor so that we can see our changes updated live. We'll copy a custom navbar from a premium Bootstrap theme and learn a bunch of stuff in the process.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 6: Working with SCSS in Bootstrap 4 (03 Oct 2019)
In this tutorial we'll upgrade the Checkout from example from the official getbootstrap website. We'll work with SCSS using th Koala app and Bootstrap 4.3 SCSS files. We'll see how to change default Bootstrap SCSS variables to get a custom layout.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 5: Improving Bootstrap's official examples (01 Oct 2019)
Let's upgrade the official Pricing example layout from the official getbootstrap website. We'll copy custom CSS from another Bootstrap layout so that we make a custom, hybrid layout. We'll learn how to copy a Bootstrap 4's theme CSS file, and how to trim the unused CSS using Chrome devtools.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 4: Improving Bootstrap's official examples (30 Sep 2019)
Let's upgrade the official Album example layout from the official getbootstrap website. We'll make it our own by adding transparency to the background color, adding some images, and learning about some Chrome developer tools functionality.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 3: Bootstrap components (30 Sep 2019)
What are components in Boostrap 4? We can divide them into primary and secondary components. We'll use several of these primary components to build a simple and nice-looking layout, with a navbar, a carousel, a heading and some cards. Build a Bootstrap 4 layout quickly in this fun tutorial!
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 2: Rows and responsive columns (29 Sep 2019)
Learn about Bootstrap 4's column grid and build a simple responsive layout in this tutorial. Additionally, understand how the row class works in combination with column classes and how they all fit in container classes in Bootstrap 4.
- Building Bootstrap 4 layouts, part 1: Containers and contextual colors (28 Sep 2019)
Learn about Bootstrap containers and about the difference between regular containers and fluid containers. Additionally, we'll cover Bootstrap 4's contextual color classes: primary, secondary, success, danger, warning, info, light and dark. Learn how these are used for backgrounds and text color.